Even though we have a month left of school, we are already deep into preparing for the next. I will be taking on a new role in my district (8th grade Special Education-math emphasis!) and have a ton to look forward to. And, although I will be keeping busy this summer by teaching science, contributing to our district’s new Equity Team, and orientating incoming 7th graders to our building, I’ve also built myself a nice little list of books I’d like to tackle. I’m calling it: The Summer of Series Series.
Besides for Harry Potter, The Series of Unfortunate Events, the Divergent series, the Hunger Game series, and, yes, the Twilight series, I’ve pretty much stuck to stand-alone books. I’ve recently gained interest into books written in series and will share them here with you. We’ll see how many I’ll get through this summer!
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer*
- The Dorothy Must Die Series by Danielle Paige*
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (because I really can’t wait to read Six of Crows!)
- Pivot Point Series by Kasie West
- The Mara Dyer Series by Michelle Hodkin
- A Court of Thrones and Roses Series by Sarah J. Maas*
- The Chaos Walking Series by Patrick Ness
- The Death Note Series by Tsugumi Ohbata
- The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
*Do you think maybe I love fairytale retellings?
What was your favorite series? What is a series you’ve been too intimidated to read? Happy tales!